12-08-2017
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Iron Front Event -- ARMA 3 mod, mission BeCTI by Benny

World at War is hosting a special event Saturday November 11th, Noon EST (1700Z)

Server: Best to connect to "WaW" in the launcher.
    Teamspeak: ts.bfewaw.com
    ifa3+fow BeCTI by Benny pvp&pve

mission desc: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22985

This mission caters to both PvP and PvE players, best of both worlds!

WaW Admins will be taking the commander roles to regulate and ensure teamplay.

We are trying this out again, had good turnout last time. Works good as long as there are good commanders for both sides.

About Server IP -- It is best to search for "WaW" in the launcher, because if you try to direct connect on the IP (209.222.20.116:2302) it won't do the mod check/auto-install.

World at War
    ARMA 3 Mod Team
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-12-2017
    Country
    This is Blind Firepower's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Iron Front Event -- ARMA 3 mod, mission BeCTI by Benny

My quick hack at an AAR for 11 Nov:

We had a good turnout, hit 20 players at one point but hovered at 14-16 for most of the 6+ hours we were on. Would definitely be nice to see some more WaW folks in there!

No base raping really (in contrast to our last event) -- both sides had multiple bases, so anyone getting camped was doing it either on purpose, or because they couldn't figure out how to select a different spawn point.

Some great fights in Baranow castle! Think that flag changed hands at least 10 times, likely more.

I heard basically zero complaining on my side, but then, I basically heard nothing on my side. Was the quietest game of Arma (of any kind) I've played where I wasn't alone, so that made it harder for me to tell much of anything. Even the chat/text channel was quiet. All of my friends/vets were on the other side plotting our destruction though (and failing!), so I think it was different over there.

Game ran pretty smooth (I had that one FPS drop on our 'practice' round, but never had it return) on my end, and both sides had CO's throughout (didn't even have to use my 'coup' command!).

We probably could have gone longer, but I had no one on my team that wanted to step up as CO (and our HQ arma'd itself into a flying fireball late in the game, so that would have made dragging things on much longer quite challenging!).

I should still be up for another go next weekend if folks are interested!?

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-26-2017
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA Hiltz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I brushed off the cobwebs and reacquainted myself with the ins and outs of the game I had a lot of fun. I will try and be there if you run it again next weekend and may even have a go at commanding if I can work that out too.

World at War
    ARMA 3 Mod Team
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-12-2017
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be awesome. Ether (commanded Russians after Val last time) volunteered to CO Germany, from the beginning (he wants to choose the initial base position). I'll see how much time I get this week, may be able to port to a new map. Likely still have to use Poland though, since that's our only neutral/independent force that makes sense.

World at War
    ARMA 3 Mod Team
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-12-2017
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like this is on for this weekend, try to stop by! Melvin, can you please alter the OP (maybe in Steam too please?)?

World at War
    ARMA 3 Mod Team
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-12-2017
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be on hiatus this weekend (at least). Working on a US/IJA map, but it's going to take some time. However, you may see a curator and/or infrequently used maps (D-Day?) on Saturday afternoons!